- 6/1/2020 (updated from 4/15/2020) - PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING REGARDING THE CLERK’S OFFICE:
The front counter in the Rochester office is now open for in-person service on a limited basis. We STRONGLY recommend that you CALL the Clerk’s Office (585-613-4200) before coming into the office to see which services are available. Documents will continue to be received by mail and CM/ECF will continue to be available for electronic filing.
The Buffalo office remains open at this time. We STRONGLY recommend that you CALL the Clerk’s Office (716-362-3200) before coming to the office, as services may be limited as the COVID-19 situation continues to evolve.
Effective April 15, 2020, a drop box is available in the lobby of the Robert H. Jackson Courthouse in Buffalo and on April 21, 2020 on the 6th floor of the Keating Federal Building in Rochester, for the public to submit documents. If filing a new case, time sensitive document, or if you have questions about how to file a document, please call the Bankruptcy Buffalo Clerk’s Office at 716-362-3200, or the Rochester Clerk’s Office at 585-613-4200.
Effective June 1, 2020, payments and remittance of funds in the form of checks and money orders are also accepted by drop box in Buffalo on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays and in Rochester on Mondays, Thursdays, and Fridays. Outside of these collection days, you shall mail the document with payment or remittance to the Bankruptcy Buffalo or Rochester Court Clerk’s Office. Cash is not accepted in either office.
- 5/28/2020 - An updated Administrative Order regarding proceedings before Chief Judge Bucki and Judge Kaplan has been signed. Among other things the order directs that the Court will only allow telephonic appearances for the duration of the order, which is effective through June 30, 2020. The order also contains the information for accessing the telephone conference system.
- 5/27/2020 - Matters now scheduled before Judge Bucki on June 4, 2020 and July 2, 2020 in Mayville, NY will instead be heard telephonically only at the same date and time. See the Case Management Order for further information.
- 5/21/2020 – Matters now scheduled before Judge Bucki on May 29, 2020 in Olean, NY will instead be heard telephonically only at the same date and time. See the Case Management Order for further information.
- 5/13/2020 - The United States District Court for the Western District of New York has issued an updated general order (5/13/2020) regarding Court Operations and Access during COVID-19 Pandemic. Please note in the General Order the visitor restrictions and the use of PPEs in all courthouses in the District as a result of the COVID-19 virus continuing to spread throughout New York State. This General Order is effective until June 15, 2020, and supersedes other general orders, including the general order dated 4/23//2020.
- 5/7/2020 - Revised Call-in Instructions - Judge Warren is conducting all weekly Motion Terms, Chapter 13 Confirmation Hearings, and any other Discrete Hearings and Conferences in both Buffalo and Rochester by telephone conference only.
The recording or broadcasting of any hearing is prohibited.
See Judge Warren’s Case Management Order for further information.
- 4/3/2020 - Please see the Administrative Order Regarding Certain Deadlines and Notices, signed by Chief Judge Bucki on April 3, 2020, for important information that may affect your bankruptcy case.
- 3/20/2020 - Notice from the United States Trustee regarding the rescheduling of Section 341 Meetings in the Western District of New York (ALL DIVISIONS). (Please visit the United States Trustee Region 2 website for up to date information)
- 3/17/2020 - Effective March 17, 2020, the U.S. Bankruptcy Court will not accept cash as payment for Court fees. Please click on Fee information under the Court Info tab for other forms of payment. This will remain in effect until further notice.
- 3/17/2020 - As a reminder to attorneys registered to e-file who need certificates or certified copies of court documents, please consider using the Request for Clerk’s Certificate or Certified Copy of Document form which is found on the Court’s website under NYW Procedural Forms within the Forms tab. Once completed, the e-filer dockets the request for Court services form as Bankruptcy>Other>Request for Certificate/Certified Copy, and payment is made on-line through Pay.gov. Upon receipt of payment, the Court will mail your requested document(s) to you.