- 7/21/2020 – Matters now scheduled before Judge Bucki on July 24, 2020 in Olean, NY will instead be heard telephonically only, at the same time and date. See the Case Management Order for further information.
- 7/21/2020 – Matters now scheduled before Judge Bucki on August 6, 2020 and September 3, 2020 in Mayville, NY will instead be heard telephonically only, at the same time and date. See the Case Management Order for further information.
- 6/29/2020 - An updated Administrative Order regarding proceedings before Chief Judge Bucki, Judge Warren and Judge Kaplan has been signed. Among other things the order directs that the Court will only allow telephonic appearances for the duration of the order, which is effective through August 31, 2020. The order also contains the information for accessing the telephone conference system.
- 6/29/2020 – PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING REGARDING THE CLERK’S OFFICE:
The front counters in both the Buffalo and Rochester offices are open each business day from 8:00 a.m.to 4:30 p.m., unless otherwise posted. As the COVID-19 situation continues to evolve, we continue to recommend that you CALL the Clerk’s Office in Buffalo at 716-362-3200 or in Rochester at 585-613-4200 before coming to the office.
A drop box is available in both offices for the public to submit documents: in the lobby of the Robert H. Jackson Courthouse in Buffalo and on the 6th floor of the Keating Federal Building in Rochester. Payments and remittance of funds in the form of checks and money orders are also accepted by drop box on all business days.
If filing a new case, time sensitive document, or if you have questions about how to file a document, please call the Clerk’s Office.
Cash is only accepted at the front counter in the Buffalo Clerk’s Office. It is not accepted in the drop box in either office and it is not accepted at the front counter in Rochester. Please click on Fee information under the Court Info tab for other forms of payment.
- 6/15/2020 - The United States District Court for the Western District of New York has issued an updated general order (6/15/2020) regarding Court Operations and Access during COVID-19 Pandemic. Please note in the General Order the visitor restrictions and the use of PPEs in all courthouses in the District as a result of the COVID-19 virus continuing to spread throughout New York State. This General Order is effective until July 15, 2020, and supersedes other general orders, including the general order dated 5/13/2020.
- 5/27/2020 - Matters now scheduled before Judge Bucki on June 4, 2020 and July 2, 2020 in Mayville, NY will instead be heard telephonically only at the same date and time. See the Case Management Order for further information.
- 5/21/2020 – Matters now scheduled before Judge Bucki on May 29, 2020 in Olean, NY will instead be heard telephonically only at the same date and time. See the Case Management Order for further information.
- 5/7/2020 - Revised Call-in Instructions - Judge Warren is conducting all weekly Motion Terms, Chapter 13 Confirmation Hearings, and any other Discrete Hearings and Conferences in both Buffalo and Rochester by telephone conference only.
The recording or broadcasting of any hearing is prohibited.
See Judge Warren’s Case Management Order for further information.
- 4/3/2020 - Please see the Administrative Order Regarding Certain Deadlines and Notices, signed by Chief Judge Bucki on April 3, 2020, for important information that may affect your bankruptcy case.
- 3/20/2020 - Notice from the United States Trustee regarding the rescheduling of Section 341 Meetings in the Western District of New York (ALL DIVISIONS). (Please visit the United States Trustee Region 2 website for up to date information)
- 3/17/2020 - As a reminder to attorneys registered to e-file who need certificates or certified copies of court documents, please consider using the Request for Clerk’s Certificate or Certified Copy of Document form which is found on the Court’s website under NYW Procedural Forms within the Forms tab. Once completed, the e-filer dockets the request for Court services form as Bankruptcy>Other>Request for Certificate/Certified Copy, and payment is made on-line through Pay.gov. Upon receipt of payment, the Court will mail your requested document(s) to you.