All changes to personal information must be made through PACER.
- Go to: www.pacer.uscourts.gov
- Click on: Manage Your Account > Manage My Account Login
- Login to PACER
- Click on the Maintenance tab.
- The Court must process these changes - they are not made immediately. Please allow 10 days for processing.
What can be done under Manage My Account (PACER):
- Update Personal Information: Update Name, Prefix, Suffix
- Update Address Information: Update Firmname, Address, Phone Numbers. **Please read W.D.N.Y. local policy (pdf).
- Update Email Address: is a separate step that should be done immediately.
- Forgot Your Username: must provide email address and Account Number or Date of Birth
- Forgot Your Password: must provide email address and Username or Account Number or Date of Birth
- Register for a PACER Account | (pdf)
- Check E-File Status: Determine whether you have active e-filing privileges in a specific court | (pdf)
- E-File Registration/Maintenance History: View all e-file registration and maintenance requests | (pdf)
- Change Username/Password
- Request E-Filing Privileges | Attorney(pdf) | Non-Attorney(pdf)
- Deactivate ECF Account | (pdf)
- Display Registered Courts
- Make a Payment/Store Payment Information
- View Quarterly Invoice; and more
- Click here(pdf) for a complete list of options under Manage My Account.
Exception: Add/modify the Secondary E-mail Address can still be done in CM/ECF under Maintain User Account. Click here for instructions (.pdf)